Step One: Your Actual Guts
Nothing else I have to share with you has any hope of working unless your digestive system is repaired first. I learned this personally from experience.
One of the core problems for all bipolar people is a lack of nutrients. Due to poor eating habits, psychotropic medication damage, street drug use, alcohol abuse, nicotine use, stress, lack of sunlight, and lack of exercise (or some combination of the preceding), our nutrient base becomes massively depleted.
Like bodybuilders or other intensely trained athletes, we would have to eat many pounds of different foods daily, at a constant rate, to get all the nutrients we needed to simply feel normal.
This is not humanly possible. But the bulk of food is in its macronutrients: its protein, carb, fat, and water content.
For fighting bipolar, we’re not interested (yet) in these items. We need the smaller stuff hiding within the Big 4.
What remains after you remove those 4 are the micronutrients.
Truehope will now be your key micronutrient provider
Their main supplement called EMP+ or EMPowerPlus is a mix of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and amino acids combined in a very specific ratio to one another.
This ratio was adjusted over the years, until precisely the right amounts of nutrients were found that quieted bipolar symptoms the best.
Your bipolar disorder can be controlled to the point that it may be gone entirely. Or you can at least bring the severity of your symptoms down to a more tolerable level, granting you some peace of mind.
Many of you may have tried supplements before and had no luck
The reasons for this are multiple:
- If the bad bacteria outnumber the good bacteria inside your guts, NO PROPER DIGESTION…of ANYTHING…can take place. And most folks have a diet and live a lifestyle that annihilates the good bacteria, while leaving the bad untouched.
And when the bad get to freely roam the land, all sorts of problems (most of which you would NEVER connect to an unhealthy gut) take place.
But two of the easiest to spot are 1. Insane Heartburn and 2. Depression
- Your guts not only handle digestion, they handle mood. The bulk of the chemicals that make you feel naturally happy are produced in the intestines and then shipped up to your head. Most people don’t know this. But it’s quite true.
- You heal the guts with probiotics. These are actually the good bacteria that you want inside you. But they must be unpasteurized probiotics. Otherwise, you’re ingesting corpses.
That’s why eating yogurt is often a bad move. It’s usually been pasteurized. Its bacteria (probiotics) are dead. Find unpasteurized. Or just order Truehope’s version.
- Single nutrients are not enough to get the job done. There is an entire spectrum of nutrients missing within us that needs to be replenished.
- Every nutrient is affected by the presence of all the other nutrients. Their actions within you are entwined with one another. If you have too much, or not enough, of any single nutrient it will affect the action of all the other nutrients. A balance needs to be achieved.
Truehope has found this balance. It is a mix that perfectly meets the needs of a bipolar or severely depressed mind. No other company has found this balance.
- You can take the purest form of any nutrient on the market but if it’s formulated in a way that your body does not recognize, or can’t break down, it passes straight through you.
- It has to be bioavailable, meaning your body can actually get it in the bloodstream and put it to use in the cells themselves. If your body can’t open the package as it’s going through you, it keeps right on going until it exits your butt.
If it gets in your blood but is the wrong molecular form (a common money-saving/rip-off tactic used by most supplement makers) it will never enter your damaged cells but pass them by, and then get eliminated through your kidneys.
- All the right nutrients must be present as well. Miss just one and the whole formula is rendered useless. I mean this literally. Some health benefits will be gained by the presence of the other nutrients but if one is missing, your bipolar will stay at full-strength.
This is why randomly choosing and taking vitamins and minerals like extra C or E or A or maybe some herb like St. John’s Wort, will never lead you to any relief. Not lasting anyhow.
- And in some cases, the wrong nutrient, even though harmless for most, can have a disastrous effect on the bipolar mind.
Action Plan for Step 1:
Fully investigate the website www.Truehope.com and get familiar with all that you can. You’ll have a very good idea of what’s in store for you. This will help you to help yourself.
Then you need to call the company at 1-888-878-3467 and ask to speak to someone in “support.”
The counselor you meet with will need to know all about your life, symptoms, and meds list (if any) before he or she can formulate your personalized plan for wellness using their supplements.
The call is free and you may keep calling forever if you need to, without ever costing you a dime in counseling fees.
If you are on psych meds, you are now going to get off of them, or greatly reduce them.
Your meds are both killing you and keeping your bipolar alive. All Truehope counselors are highly trained and will help you WEAN off your meds safely.
To stop cold turkey out of frustration or excitement can be potentially life threatening. To repeat:
NEVER STOP TAKING YOUR MEDS COLD TURKEY!
You also need to tell your doctor what you are about to do.
Truehope does not intend to deceive your doctor(s).
They would love the opportunity to speak with any of your health care providers to explain to them how this will work and answer any questions they may have.
Truehope has a separate staff trained to speak with all healthcare professionals. They want to work WITH your doctor if your doctor is open to the idea. You can feel comfortable in taking this step. No need to hide anything from your doc.
Some books for context and self guided study
“A Promise of Hope” is the personal story of how Truehope was born.
It’s told from a woman’s perspective (a mom) and is far less aggressive in tone than my book below. Might appeal to those who need a lighter approach.
“Too Good to be True” gives compelling evidence verifying both the power of nutrition in fighting bipolar and Truehope’s ability to create effective products that support that claim.
Told from the viewpoint of a father whose own father, as well as his own son were both deeply bipolar. Powerful story.
“It Takes Guts To Be Me” is my entire story (up until 2006) focusing on the parts of my life connected to my eventual bipolar disorder and its eventual demise. It gives more background to how IT TAKES GUTS TO LIVE WELL (called TORQUE BACK in the book) was developed and the good thing my life became afterward.